2011 NHL Season Predictions

Discussion in 'Sports' started by NinetyFour, Sep 16, 2010.

1. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Predictions?

I personally am putting my money on Vancouver to win it all this year. New, deepened defensive core, an all-star goaltender, deepened bottom six forwards, plus a first line that boasts a Hart trophy winner and an Art Ross winner, with a twin that's just as good is all recipe for success. This is also the first year that THN.com and other sports websites/magazines have predicted Vancouver to come first.

Some more reasons?

The Hockey News Magazine did a "Top 50 players in the NHL right now" list and Henrik Sedin popped in at 6th, above the likes of Malkin, Backstrom, Kane, Thornton, Semin, Staal, Nash, Heatley (shall I go on?). Daniel came up at 11th, Luongo at 30th, Kesler following directly at 31st, and Burrows at 46th. 5 Canucks made that list, more than any other team.

With the likes of Mason Raymond who is starting to become a prolific goal scorer, we still have a lot of future left (not mentioning Hodgson). Kesler has also steadily improved his points every season. Burrows scored the most goals out of all Canucks last season, and if the trend continues, coming off a hot Hart trophy win, and a fresh, uninjured Daniel, who knows how many he'll score this season? I wouldn't put it past him to break the 40 goal mark.

Also, what about Daniel? He missed 20 games last season while his brother flew to the top of the league in points. Who knows how much damage the Sedins could have done together during that stretch? We'll soon find out as a healthy Henrik and Daniel will start the season together. I wouldn't doubt a record break in goals for Daniel this season.

Lots of reasons why Vancouver has the team to win the Cup.
  2. guy123456

guy123456 Member

DUCKS!!! because when i was a kid i watched a movie about themm!!!
  3. The Baydestrian

The Baydestrian Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I'm going for the Sharks. They're from my city so it's a must
  4. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    San Jose never really gets going in the playoffs, it seems.
  5. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

6. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    pfff.... I admit Habs are a pretty solid team but they have no chance against Pittsburgh or Washington
  7. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I agree, there's no way the Habs would ever beat the Pens or Caps.. they're beasts!
  8. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Arguably one of the greatest Canadian teams to have played.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Again citing THN:

in the "Top 20 by position" chart, Henrik Sedin made 4th best center, with Ryan Kesler snatching 13th best. Daniel Sedin is 2nd best left winger, with Mason Raymond getting 17th. Burrows got 10th best right winger and Luongo got 4th best goaltender. Vancouver has 6 players that are top 20 in their position!