$20 bucks is NOT a big deal people

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by optikalefx, Jan 26, 2008.

1. optikalefx

optikalefx New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I keep reading over and over that people are enraged that they have to pay $20 for all the iphone apps. You paid $100 less for an iPod touch. So why would you think you could get those applications for free? If you bought an iPod touch chances are you at least somewhat like apple, or at least respect them. I would be happy to give apple the $20, the better they do the more they can research and get better technology.

So it seems they are pricing the bluetooth chip, the edge network chip , the speakers, the microphone and the camera, along with the SMS app and phone app at a cool $80 bucks. That really sounds reasonable for all that, if $20 covers all the other apps. Seriously though if you paid $300 or $400 for the iPod touch whats $20 bucks to get those really cool features? Thats like what 5% of the cost?
  2. zzang82

zzang82 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you can pay if you want, i'm not paying if there is a way to get those for FREE.

i'm not saying people who pay are stupid. i just never pay for any softwares.

that's how i roll, and that's how most of people here roll, you just pay. cool?
  3. 4dthinker

4dthinker New Member

$20? Not too much compared to $299. It means my early adopter penalty is $20. Of course new ones will come with the apps at no higher price, which means the true retail value of the apps is zero. Maybe the apps cost Apple something? Yes, but they've been in the iPhone since day one, so it's not like it took any extra work to make them available for the Touch. They will easily recoup any investment because now the iPod Touch is a more worthwhile thing to own, and many who didn't buy one because it didn't have a mail app (even though it had wifi) will buy one now and also spend more money via iTunes for content.

I'm pizzed at Stevie for his pure greed. He didn't need to charge Touch owners for the apps (don't give me that accounting rules excuse) and had he given it to us for free like he gave Apple TV owners and iPhone owners new functionality for free, the good will would have been worth far more. Not all press is good press, and the current aapl stock price drop should make that point clear.

So you'll know, the competitors are not so greedy. If you bought one of the first Zunes, you got the much-improved and more functional software that came with the new Zunes for free. If you bought a Samsung P2 you've already gotten one free firmware update that added more bluetooth functionality, with at least one more free update coming any-minute-now that will add FM and voice recording, among other things.

Steve lost my business and gained my ire. It's not the $20. It's the principle. I hope he's happy.
  4. super51fan

super51fan Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    actually i got my ipod for free
    but a lot of people dont have credit cards so they cant buy them
  5. lqv2015

lqv2015 New Member

Steve Jobs? Is that you?

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. johnnypuffs

johnnypuffs New Member

90% of the posters here are 13 years old.. you can't talk sense to a 13 year old.. or a thief...
  7. lqv2015

lqv2015 New Member

Yeah. For older members, visit Seniorifans.com
  8. johnnypuffs

johnnypuffs New Member

Whatever bro.. One day you will realize being a thief and proud isn't so cool..

If Apple made no $$ there would be no iPod touch for you to steal software for.

9. xIpodTouchGurux

xIpodTouchGurux New Member

y buy apps when u can get them for free..
  10. animexbox

animexbox New Member

well sorry rich boy some of us don't have enough money for that crap. we wants free stuff! some of us got touch for Christmas and stuff