$20 Apps pack FREE on second Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 4dthinker, Mar 15, 2008.

1. 4dthinker

4dthinker New Member

Someone mentioned in another thread about sharing the Apps update if you purchased it, on other iPod Touch's using the same PC.

Is this true? I can get non-updated 8gb Touches for $279 with an additional $50 Target gift card right now. The Touch WITH the Apps update is also on sale, but obviously $20 more ($299 less the $50). Since I've already got one, and my wife wants one, will the fact that I've paid for the update allow me to set up her Touch and get it updated for free?
  2. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    yeah, you can get updated for free.
  3. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You should be able to. You didn't have to pay in the first place for these applications, you could have easily gotten them through Installer if you are jailbroken.
  4. BMANZZS

BMANZZS New Member

This. You also could have installed like hundreds of other amazing applications. I don't understand why people don't jailbreak their iPods...
  5. Stu pidasso

Stu pidasso New Member

Yes. I updated my wifes ipod to 1.1.4 and low and behold the Apps I paid 20 bucks for synced to my wifes ipod.
  6. weirdwilli

weirdwilli New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Thats why apple have realised and are now forcing people to buy the january apps because they come with the ipod touch and increses the price
  7. 4dthinker

4dthinker New Member

First of all, I did have my Touch jailbroken. But only a few of the installer apps were of interest to me, and every time a new firmware came out it was a pain (for me, a 50 year old) to deal with it again so I went clean. I didn't put the apps on my Touch for free because, well, to me (I don't care about your values) it's stealing. I can afford them, and despite how angry Apple made me by charging for them, I went ahead and paid for them.

The point of this post was to find out if the user agreement specifically allows paid-for apps to be put on more than one iPod using the same PC.

So thanks to those who answered.

BTW, we were at Target just a short while ago and the clerk stated that it was only the $299 8gb Touch that was on sale with a $50 gift card. The $279 Touches are apparently selling well enough and they only had a couple left. $50 saved (if you don't mind using the gift card at Target) is still a pretty good deal. My wife is thinking we should wait for a sale or price reduction/promotion on the 32gb model. I tend to agree.
  8. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Alright, well as for your question, I would say yes. I do not know anything about Apple allowing this, although think about if you bought 2 iPod Touches and the January App Pack. You now own that App Pack, and should be able to put it on as many iPods as you have, as long as you don't distribute it to people who you don't know.. I don't know, there is practically no chance of Apple finding out anyways and they probably wouldn't even care if they did find out that you were using it on a 2nd touch.