2 weeks...and desapointed

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wakmen, Oct 16, 2007.

1. wakmen

wakmen New Member

ok so I have my 16gb since like 2 weeks and I already have a list of things that are not supposed to be..

-auto-brightness never worked

-aprox. 10-15 cold pixels on the screen (not dust it's really cold pixels)

-when in cover flow he images are sharp but when playing in it the images become off focus

-youtube sucks! on the touch...i managed to look only one video on it....and trust me...my internet is not the problem...

anyways i gonna change it...bad part about it...it's im sure that the other will be the same crap
  2. happyman696

happyman696 New Member

Sorry you feel that wasy. Did you jailbreak it yet? Its defintily a plus. I love my jailbroken ipod touch.
  3. lachlan438

lachlan438 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    mine works fine 10-15 cold pixes do you mean pixels that don't work at all dead ones? because if you do MAN THATS BAD o well better luck with your next one
  4. limbuster

limbuster New Member

I think you should return your IpoT. I don't have dead pixels, youtube loads just fine.

By the way don't forget to Jailbreak, otherwise you will surely get bored within 2 weeks

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. coolkid

coolkid New Member

the auto brightness must be set to on, and it updates only everysoften, not realtime, ive noticed it dims at night while in the car, now i dont get blinded any more

Please Register or Log in to view images

for stuck pixles, there are websites and apps out there that have a good chance of unsticking them.
  6. Mattyoak

Mattyoak New Member

I find it hard to believe an app can unstick pixels. Of there broken they are broken arent they?
  7. thomashayes

thomashayes New Member

LOL, yes. Dead pixels are a hardware fault - and cannot be fixed by any software.

The website/software they're probably on about shows solid rotating colours so you can IDENTIFY dead pixels.
  8. mkalbarc

mkalbarc New Member

yep, I'm on my second ipod and have the exact same issues as the first (minus any pixel issues... had one stuck in the first and none in the 2nd)
    Auto-bright - not so auto. seems i have to run an app and come back to the home in order for it to adjust.
    You tube? I maybe get one or two vids in and then it seems to drop connection, however, this does not happen in safari as I have surfed for an hour or so... they need to fix that, its annoying!
    Another annoying thing is while listening to music and using safari my music will sometimes just stop and reset to the begining... it seems to only happen on certian websites. That same issue was present on my first ipod as well.
    Just bugs though, updates should resolve all of these in the future.