2 touches one computer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by s4simo, Feb 14, 2010.

1. s4simo

s4simo New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Having got fed up of my kids using my 32g itouch so I am going to buy them another one. I want to put my stuff on one and their stuff on another in the simplest way possible. From looking at different internet discussions it looks like pressing <shift> before launching itunes will allow me to produce another itunes library. If I do this will the computer know which itouch I am connecting and open up the right itunes library?
    Basically I am after being able to automatically sync two different touches on one computer with different stuff.....easily!
    Any advise would be gratefully received
  2. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I think the best way to go is have 2 different user accounts on the computer and have iTunes separately installed on both and have the libraries be in each accounts my music folder.
  3. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    A really simple way is to make two playlists, one for each iPod, then you can tell iTunes what stuff to put on each one.

On the preferences page for the iPod, there are a number of tabs which you can use to specify iPod-specific content.
  4. s4simo

s4simo New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi, Thanks for your reply. If I have 2 playlists when I connect a touch how will each touch know which list to sync with? Sorry if this question is obvious.
    Also can you add applications to playlist?
  5. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    go to one of the ipods go to the music tab and press sync selected playlists then select the right one for each ... hope i helped...
  6. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    just manually add music/videos
    much simpler imo opinion

i dont even use auto sync
  7. s4simo

s4simo New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi I think this does help me. I guess I was getting confused. At the moment when I connect my itouch it syncs automatically and backs up automatically. So I take it from what you are saying that before I connect an itouch I select sync with <given playlist> and then connect the touch?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Hi Dunuck. If I manually add videos and music I wouldn't need separate playlists then? I could also manually sync applications....hurrah!
  8. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    no... cancel sync then go to ipod touch options then music tab the sync selected then the right playlist...
  9. s4simo

s4simo New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi Shawa. It looks like you cannot add your applications to the playlist only music and videos.. is this right?
  10. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yup is much simpler inmo you can copy only the music you want and thats the end of it pretty simple

besides manually syncing allows you to sync with multiple computers