2 seemingly unfixable problems i have. . .

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Hohohoyo, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Hohohoyo

Hohohoyo New Member

First and foremost, the problem I have with downgrading 4.0.2. . .

I followed this guide to the letter to downgrade my itouch 3rd generation. No problems putting it into dfu mode, but when i get to restoring the firmware to 4.0, I get the "Firmware is not compatible" error, with no explanation as to which error it is. The firmware file i am using is iPod3,1_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw.

Now, to my second problem. When I got my iTouch, I was so excited that i plugged the damn thing into my computer before installing itunes, and therefore it registered as a camera. I have heavily researched this topic, and have used all the tutorials out there to fix it. All have failed. I am running windows XP, and will have no problems understanding anything you tell me to do with system files and such.

Thanks in advance!

edit: Forgot to put this is tech help forum. will an admin please move it there?
  2. yanks27ngoin

yanks27ngoin New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Try googling for iPod Touch 3g 4.0 firmware downloads. I had the same problem on my iPod Touch 2g(MB model) when restoring it to the 4.0 firmware from the 4.0.2 firmware. I downloaded a 4.0 firmware from that guide and it did not work. But, I remembered that I had downloaded the 4.0 firmware for my device from somewhere and restored using that. And it worked. I didnt follow any guides, I just restored and pointed it to the 4.0 firmware and it worked. I was surprised that I didnt receive any error message from iTunes.
  3. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    1. did it come with 4.0.2 already installed,
    2. if its a 32GB or 64GB, if you dont have your blobs you cant downgrade,
    3. if its a 8GB use a 2G firmware

4. its totally normal for the ipod to be registered as a camera, just install itunes and continue on your way!!
  4. Hohohoyo

Hohohoyo New Member

It did not come with 4.0.2 firmware, it's 8 gigabyte, I tried 2g firmware, and it came up with error 21 at the end. Does anyone have a download link? I will love you forever.
  5. Sparkyx

Sparkyx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    to the camera problem, go into CONTROL PANEL -> SCANNERS/CAMERAS -> iPHONE.

Then Right Click -> PROPERTIES

EVENTS TAB -> TAKE NO ACTION

APPLY -> CLOSE.