2 questions: Sorting TV Shows episodes, and screenshots?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mikeeey1337, Dec 6, 2009.

1. mikeeey1337

mikeeey1337 New Member

Sorting TV Shows episodes (episodes won't show in correct order)

TV Episodes
    Is there a way I can sort the TV shows on my ipod touch by episode number? All of my episodes are properly numbered by season and episode in the info section. I've even tried putting the Episode number in front of the episode name, but my episodes still remained in the same order. The current order it's in right now is completely random. It's not alphabetical, it's not the date I added it, it's in no particular order. What order does the ipod touch even sort the episodes by anyway?

Screenshots (fixed, check out the bottom of post #5
    I'm trying to figure out why my screenshots don't save? I take a screenshot by holding the home button and power button, my screen flashes white, but it's not in the Saved photos in my photos app. In fact, I don't even have a saved photos. If I were to browse to the directory, what is the name of the folder where screenshots are stored?

I have the same problem when I'm in Safari and I save an image from the internet. It seems like my image saved, but again, I have no "saved photo's" in my photos app, so I can't seem to find it.

thanks!

edit: I've also tried restoring my ipod, and before installing anything the first thing I did was took a screenshot..but it still didn't appear.

So i took things to the next level.. I went to Best Buy, and tried it on a ipod touch there. To my surprise.. IT STILL DIDN'T WORK??
    So a non-jailbroken ipod touch that you can play with at best buy won't take screenshots either?

Can someone with a iPod Touch 3G take a screenshot and post it in this thread to proove it works on 3.1.2?
  2. realizment

realizment New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I havent recieved my itouch yet its in the mail but i just checked this screenshot problem on my girls, 3rd gen 32 gig touch and it works fine. Hope somebody can shed some more light.
  3. izakbar

izakbar New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    In iTunes - select all of Season "n", Right click "Get Info", under Grouping on the Info tab put in the Series name and number (ie Family Guy S1), Click on the Video tab, in the Programme field put the same inforamtion, click on the Sort tab.. in the Sort Programme field put the same information. In the Options tab - select TV series as the Media Kind (I also ticked part of a compilation - dunno what impact this has - hey ho)

Then when you sync (wait a while) your TV Ep's will be seperated out into series... there really must be a more elegant solution that this - but I dunno yet (only had the iTouch a few days)

Edit:I tried the screenshot thing and it works fine for me (didn't know it could do that).
    Dunno what Gen iTouch I have - I assume it is 3 as I only just got it - and it is the 64GB one.Product number on back is A1318.

Edit2: Oh, in the General options settings thing, there is an About tab which says the model number is MC011BT running 3.1.2 - so I guess it must be 3rd Gen.

Edit3: Added screenie as attachment...

photo2.jpg IMG_0005[1].PNG
  4. Maxtcc

Maxtcc Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Regarding the screen shot. Absolutely this works. It is saved to Saved photos in photo albums.and these are the pictorial proof. I am using a iPod Touch 64Gig 3G w/ 3.1.2

Attached Files:

5. mikeeey1337

mikeeey1337 New Member

That is really weird.. I bought my ipod touch from best buy. The display model was also from best buy, and they both don't work. Maybe I'll call apple support and ask, this should be great.....

edit: just got off the phone with apple support. He told me to set up and appointment and go to the apple store and have them fix it. I'm not sure if he mentioned that it would get replaced, but I'm gonna have to make a backup of everything.

What is the best way backup EVERYTHING. I mean everything... music, videos, apps, cydia apps, app saved data, misc files that I've stored on my device using ifile. Is there a way to do a complete backup so when I restore it it should look EXACTLY the same?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    btw, about the TV show thing, I'm still having a hard time getting it to sort by episode. It atleast groups everything into "South Park" like I want it to, but I want it to be from oldest to newest. Here are some screenshots of what it looks like on itunes.

Please Register or Log in to view images

As you can see, i can sort it by ascending or descending, but won't actually sort the episodes in order. This is how it appears on my ipod.

You can also see that if I sort it in order by Season then it sorts it just fine... now if only it would appear like that on my ipod.

EDIT: YES!! I FIXED THE SCREENSHOT PROBLEM! Take that apple support!! Jailbreak +1! If my ipod wasn't jailbroken this fix wouldn't have been possible. I just went into ifunbox and deleted my DCIM folder, now I have the "Saved Photos" after taking a new screenshot.

So now all I need to try and fix is this TV sorting problem... I'll edit the the thread title now.
  6. drego5

drego5 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    While searching for an answer, and not actually finding one, I discovered a slightly ugly, yet effective, way to do this. (Sorry for "resurrecting" a thread, but I wanted to at least offer this suggestion to anyone else searching.)

I had to re-upload the files, but I was able to change the show name to include the Season number, so that on the Videos page it shows the separated seasons.

Still wish there was video playlists. I tried the method of mixing video and audio, and it worked at first, but for some reason, not anymore. But this other method definitely works.
  7. Mogal

Mogal New Member

Why can't we have folders to sort these things?
    All these videos in one folder is just crazy.
    I have ALOT of videos and having to scroll through them all sucks.
  8. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Make playlists for your videos in iTunes, then view your videos from the Music app.
  9. Mogal

Mogal New Member

WOW, Awesome, thank you!!
  10. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

No problem