2 Q's about battery charge meters

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by cjschriver3, Apr 26, 2009.

1. cjschriver3

cjschriver3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    why is it that when my charge get down below around 35% the battery theme reverts back to stock ipod battery theme? secondly, which is more accurate? the numeric battery in the top right corner or the pics from the charge theme? i find that no matter what battery theme i use, it rarely coincides with the numeric battery. i realize that there are only 17 .png's in the theme, but the disparity sometimes is like 20 %

THX

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ssjgohan4life

ssjgohan4life New Member

For the first question, I would assume that the files for below 35% percent on your custom battery are either not there or corrupt in some way so they won't show, and if the touch can't find the custom ones, it uses teh default.

I'd say neither is more accurate seeing how neither is built into the ipod. As for them being different its because when your making a custom battery it isn't exactly specific levels of charging, you just make 17 different files where the battery is slightly more full each go around, now if somebody took the time to exactly proportion out the battery to measure the percentage of each image it would be more accurate, but still not very considereing we are only allowed the 17 images (to be completely accurate you'd need 100 images)
  3. cjschriver3

cjschriver3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    does the numeric battery actually count down each digit? or is it at X intervals like the battery themes if you know what i mean? does the numeric count down at 100/17 increments?