2 Problems.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by blackjays24, Mar 26, 2008.

1. blackjays24

blackjays24 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    My first problem I inquired about, but never really got an answer. I tried the thing at the top it didn't work. I'm sorry if this has been answered 1,000 times already.

Right now I am at home. I have a 8 gig jail broken Ipod touch V 1.1.4. We have a router in our house and my wifi picks it up no problem, internet works fine. But nothing else will. For example. If I was say in town, and went to wifi, and see MSHOME as a connection and clicked it, I just get a message that says ""Unable to join the "MSHOME" network". Yes the connection next door to me works when I try to use it, but I haven't found a single connection that worked besides that, and I've tried at least 20 others in the city.
    If you need anymore information to help figure out what my problem is you please ask.

And my second problem... My battery seems to be running out extremely fast! I charge yesterday from 5 PM, till 7 AM the next day. It was on the whole time (Meaning the Icons and stuff were visible while it was charging) and I took it off today and the battery is almost empty after maybe an hour and a half, 2 hours tops use. I've played snes roms for maybe 10 minutes all together, and everything else just listening to music. And I ready somewhere that you can leave it charge all night it wont affect the battery by making the life span shorter or anything, I'm just wondering if maybe there is more battery than showing, or maybe jail breaking it did something. Anybody know?

I can be reached at mad_mc_red_acid@hotmail.com

Thanks to anyone who makes any type of effort to help, it is much appreciated.
  2. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    1) make sure they're not password protected or have good signal strength.
    2) turn off wifi when not in use.
  3. blackjays24

blackjays24 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Oh yeah I forgot to mention there is no password on these connections either, they are all open. And still, having wifi on, that battery should still last more than an hour or two.
  4. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    well some networks don't let me join when they're free and unprotected either. Idk why.

Turn autolock to 1 minute... Close background apps. Idk what to say.
  5. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

An open network can let you connect to it, but the Router can filter access by MAC address or IP so you can connect to the Router but nothing else.

Battery life can be affected by many things, WiFi, Having mail set to autocheck, amount of time screen is on and brightness - if you have the auto brightness on then battery will drain quicker in the dark compared to bright light. Running emulators and third party apps will drain the battery quicker then just using the iPod music as they use more processor power. The best battery life will always be on a unjailbroken system.
  6. Ska8r411

Ska8r411 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Download Bossprefs From Installer,then Clcick It And Turn Ssh Off,that Will Make Your B Attery Life Longer!
    Rep ^ If That Works
  7. blackjays24

blackjays24 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So are you saying I can only connect to one wifi network?
  8. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    you can connect to more than one.
  9. blackjays24

blackjays24 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    but none seem to work...
  10. blackjays24

blackjays24 Member