2-nd gen speed

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by aircooler, Nov 24, 2008.

1. aircooler

aircooler New Member

hi

there is some reports that 2nd gen runs on faster processor than 1st gen.
    What anoying is this for peoples who bough ipod for games like me! if this 122mhz make so big difference for developers there will be some games ONLY for 2nd gen...... is this pc gameing then? every year buy new hardware?

if 1st gen can run on 624 apple should speed up processor to 2nd gen speed so 1st gen users can play games with the same speed like 2nd gen users...for example see touchsport tenis. apple seems to dont care about 1st gen users!
  2. MrFairladyz

MrFairladyz Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    dude dont worry about it. its a little difference. its not like you NEED that little bit more power. i have an old win 2k pc and its slower than the new dells. should i blame dell because they wont upgrade my old technology? no. if you care that much, upgrade. its probably not even noticeable
  3. aircooler

aircooler New Member

i am not sure now:

http://toucharcade.com/2008/11/23/2nd-generation-ipod-touch-faster-than-iphone/

"Our first step to increase fps performance was to introduce hardware dependent levels of detail. Where we can easily display two 1500 polygon tennis players with 32 bones each on the iPod touch 2G and maintain fast and fluid game play, the original iPod touch just chokes, and in some instances so do the iPhones. To speed up the touch, we reduced the players to 800 polygons in farther away moments of gameplay, and are now using 1000 polygon models for close ups, bringing the original iPod touch game play performance level close to that of the iPhone 3G. We’ve taken this approach across the board with great results."

You right about pc, but ipod is not pc but something like console , cause You can not upgrade components....and console live is about 5 years.
  4. ThrowAway

ThrowAway New Member