2 iPods, 2 accounts ?

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by incantare, May 11, 2009.

1. incantare

incantare New Member

Me and my girlfriend have 2 ipod touch 2nd gen 32 gigs. We sync them with the same computer, different playlists. My problem is she started to buy apps with itune and now when im trying to buy something, it asks me for her login/password. I can change it in iTunes 8, but sometimes i want to buy from my ipod directly and i can't change the login... weird... any idea ?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I wrote a long reply on a similar issue ydy. Just open YOUR account in iTunes, and then sync YOUR device and YOUR account will be registered on YOUR device. If you sync when your GF's account is active on iTunes you will register your GFs account to your device and have to put in your GF's password. Note that you can have apps from both accounts on both devices but this is not legal unless you personally own both devices (i.e. get married in order to do it

).

See this post here for more details.
  3. incantare

incantare New Member

so there is no way to have both ipods configured for their own individual accounts so i dont have to relog all the freaking time ?? We always plug them at the same time, and login twice is a pain in the ass

4. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You need to login to iTunes as whichever accou t you need before you sync your device. The iPod touch takes its settings from the live iTunes acc.
  5. DrakasX

DrakasX Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    manually manage them, at least i'd try that
  6. incantare

incantare New Member

bull****

Yeah well no i am not going to manually manage this. Why would i spend 1000$ on 2 ipods and have to log in. log out, log in, log out, so this piece of crap realise that i dont own BOTH of them... this is so retarded. And what pisses me off the most is the fact that you can't change the login when the ipod is not connected on the itune. Whatever. That's the only bug i found on the ipod so far, but it's a big deception, a little poorly programmed

7. ipodfan256

ipodfan256 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hmm get sync you email address and look in the /var/mobile/Library/Prefences/

and look for com.apple.appstore
    and change the permission to read only
    that way it wont change the email again

I'm not sure but i think has you can stop it syncing your girlsfriend email on yours

ENJOY!!
  8. Gotanks0407

Gotanks0407 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    how about you just share one account??? that is what i do between my ipods and my iphone and my sis has one and my bro has one, when they buy stuff they pay me and then we all get it...its a win win situation
  9. incantare

incantare New Member

Sharing one account ?? No i don't think so. I don't know why i would have to do gymnastics around an apparent problem when Apple should know better. I want to get billed for my apps, and i want my girlfriend to get billed for hers. Everything outside this, is ridiculous to me. It's a dead end.