2 ipods, 1 computer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by greentoes, Sep 5, 2010.

1. greentoes

greentoes New Member

i have pre ordered the ipod touch and am excited to get it since it will be my first touch!, but am now wondering... i have the nano synched to my computer. what is the easier way to set up my itunes so it will recognize my 2 ipods at 2 separate ones and not ask me to format the ipod every time i plug the other one in?
  2. legendarytrainer

legendarytrainer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    All you have to do is set your ipod to manually manage. You will have to manually drag and drop all of your files over to the ipod but you will be able to sync it to more than one computer.

EDIT: Also congrats ony our purchase, Hopefully you will enjoy the iPod touch as much as all of us do. And welcome to the Forums

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. cypherpunk

cypherpunk New Member

I'm fairly sure it's a long time since that was necessary. iTunes has had support for syncing multiple devices for a long time. Just make sure you activate them both using the same iTunes installation.
  4. Intense

Intense Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have 3 iPod Touch's and 1 iPhone all synced to one computer and iTunes wants to put the same stuff on all them. Bummer. I'havent found a way around that without it getting more complicated.
  5. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    lolwat.

You can sync more than one device to the same iTunes library. You shouldn't have any issues when you sync the second iPod

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. legendarytrainer

legendarytrainer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Oh geez, Im sorry, i think I misunderstood. i thought he wanted to sync his two ipods to two different computers. My B. Apologiez. But yeah iTunes shoudl be able to sync two devices with no problems.
  7. bapski

bapski New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i have 2 iTouches, and 2 iP4's syncing on iTunes 10 with no problems.
  8. Carnage

Carnage Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have 6 different idevices that sync to the same computer. But I can sync to both of my computers for some reason.
  9. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    If its 2 seperate iPods on one computer, you don't need to do anything other than plug them in. iTunes will only ask you to erase and sync its its One iPod being synced to the two computers.
  10. greentoes

greentoes New Member

ok thanks! but when you guys are saying that the two ipods can sync with the same itunes no prob., can i manage the library that is on each of them differently since my nano is only 16 GB and doesn't hold all my music, so i'll want to put more on the 32GB touch?, or will what goes on the both of them have to be the same music?