2 ipods 1 computer.

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by SightSeeker, Jan 17, 2008.

1. SightSeeker

SightSeeker New Member

I just got a touch and my roommate has a nano. Now that I know how to make videos and put them on she wanted a couple as well. How do I add a video to her ipod in itunes without syncing all my music to hers and erasing what she has. Also I want to make sure to only add the video to hers without bringing all her music onto my machine.

Thanks
  2. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well if yor Roomate, has the iPod with another computer it will erase all the Data, and put all yours, the only way you can pick is if you click "upload only checked items" and there you go, your music won't be erased only the iPod will, but don't try it because once the other iPod is put on your computer you'll have to sync yours again, from start
  3. SightSeeker

SightSeeker New Member

So your saying I can't just upload one file to her ipod without clearing everything else off it? I was reading that there might be some way to do it with playlists and manual sync but I don't know enough to understand yet.
  4. Wambam1205

Wambam1205 Banned

you just set both ipods to manual manage on the screen when you plug it in...then you just drag and drop everything you want into one or the other.

the only problem with it is if there is tons it will take forever manually doing it...but if the general bulk of stuff was already put in. i would suggest manual mode.
  5. iTouch532

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well yes there is a way to get all your stuff from your iTunes into the other one, but you need a software and its not free. BUT you need 2 computers

And yes you can't upload without clearing everything off, You'd have to clear everything.
  6. iTouch532

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok I was Proven Wrong, Sorry, But I've never Tried the "drag and drop" I guess if you set your ipod to manually upload music, then you can do that, but you still can't load 2 iPods on 1 computer that's a fact
  7. SightSeeker

SightSeeker New Member

Thanks I guess it's just easier to take the file off my pc and put it on her machine for her to upload.