2 Ipod touch question, resolution + podcasts

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by luish, Mar 23, 2009.

1. luish

luish New Member

Hey !

i own an ipod touch 2g.
    I've got 2 questions.
    1) i use WINAVI mp4 converter to encode movies into the ipod touch size. the question is : what is the preferred size (Height & Width) of the video file, and also the video, audio and audio sample rate, so that the quality will be still good.

2) when i listen to a podcast on my ipod, let's says from twit.tv, and i've got 3 files i didn't listen yet, if i select the 2nd, when it finishes it will automatically play the next one. i want to know if there is an option where when it finished to play the specific one that i choose, it will go back to the "directory".

thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. bigixman

bigixman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    When you are using winavi you have to be careful to:
    -see if the original movie's resolution is higher than 640x480.If it is , then you have to resize the movie .Otherwise check the "Keep the original size" box.
    -see if the bitrate is over 1.5mb/s.I would recomend you to set the video bitrate to 512000 and audio bitrate to 96000.
    This is all

Please Register or Log in to view images

Hope it helped.
  3. luish

luish New Member

I find winavi the faster to resize and encode avi files, is there something better ? for a 40 min episode of any series it just takes 5 minutes.