2 iPhone Ideas

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ZunePod, Mar 28, 2009.

1. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Who thinks that Speech-To-Text would be a brilliant feature in iPhones? This would work by voice recognition technology etc.

Another cool thing would be "Car Mode" in which you can scroll through your contacts etc and use this Speech-To-Text to write messages and notes, send email.

I'm not sure how you mode go in and out of the functions, maybe describe a keyword or something.

But just 2 ideas
  2. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    There's an option that "kind of" works as a car mode. When you turn it on, it tells you which key you pressed on the keyboard through your earphones.
  3. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yeah, but you have to physically touch the phone, where as in Car Mode you would just say a keyword into your Bluetooth Headset/iPhone Microphone and it would instantly switch.
  4. royalblue

royalblue Banned

Device:
    iPhone
    Why don't you just buy the iThink. It hooks up to your brain and it detects what ever song you're urging to hear
  5. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

There was an app that had something similar as far as the "car mode". I believe you had to go through a short process to train it (voice recognition) but then you could do a number of things with it: call someone, open apps (probably just certain ones), search for something on maps, etc...

Edit:

I know there was another application for it but one that does the dialing, and maps work is "Say Who Pro Dialer & Maps".

Also, so as to not add another post I agree that the speech to text would be damn nice.
  6. touchmymonkey

touchmymonkey New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Speech to text would be awesome. I suggested it here a while ago and many pooped on the idea.
    I've been using voice recognition for years and love it.
    Someone make it happen.