2 ideas in 1 thread!

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by Abcmsaj, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Featured Post

We all know by now that when a question has been answered in a thread, the thread shouldn't be locked or deleted, because other people might have the same problem and either need the specific answer, or has a variance of the problem and needs to ask followup questions.

However, some threads are very long. My first idea is that the OP (creator of the thread) can tick a box by a post which says "This is the right answer" or "Feature"

What this then does, is put a copy of the post DIRECTLY underneath post 1, and maybe the background of the post is a highlighted yellow colour, so that people who view the thread can get an instant answer. Multiple posts can be selected if there are more than one solution.

Member of the Month/Member of the Year

Every month, the moderators choose a member who has made a significant contribution to the community in the past month. That user then gets their username on a page dedicated to these do-gooders, which will be featured somewhere on the site (possibly front page?)

This also highlights a previous idea that's been brought up on the forum: Badges. If we had the badges system, where mods award badges to users for their achievements, helpfulness on the site, etc, we could make a "MotM" and "MotY" badge too, which can be displayed proudly on your profile

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Mosaic

Mosaic Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Good ideas.

I'll take my MotY badge now. ^_^
  3. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Lulz. ^ Fail.
  4. GregoryFire

GregoryFire New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I like the answer underneath the original post idea, which would help a lot.
  5. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Solid ideas. The first idea would be quite helpful, and hopefully encourage searching.
  6. TDG

TDG Active Member

I like the first idea. Not so sure about the second one, would be hard for you guys to keep up with for a years time.
  7. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    The MoTM, MoTY had been rejected outright before, with the conclusion being too much spam.
    I had made a "Question" thread suggestion before too. bgizzle said he's holding off on vBull mods until the new version is released.
  8. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Also like the Featured Post idea... much like Yahoo Answers?

Not sure about MoTM/Y could create competition between people.. seems like another rep episode. But then again it may not be.
  9. Cydiaia

Cydiaia Banned

Device:
    iPhone
    i think this is a great idea
  10. Fishy

Fishy Member

Device:
    iPad
    Loving the idea. Here's an idea, most seizure inducing avatar. Wait. You win Abcmsaj.