2 Icons will not change with theme!

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by wireeater, Jan 13, 2008.

1. wireeater

wireeater New Member

I am trying to install the blueprint theme. For some reason the Music & Video icons will NOT change with the theme. I installed the theme using WinSCP and tried doing it through installer as well.

If any help could be forwarded to me, it would be much appreciated, thank!
  2. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

Make sure that all the icons permission are set to '755' and make sure that the two icons file names are '.png' instead of '.PNG'..
  3. wireeater

wireeater New Member

The file names seemed to be OK.

By changing the properties, do you mean the Octal number when choosing the file with WinSMP and clicking properties? Because all of those are set at 0755.

Thanks
  4. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

Yea, ALL the icons permissions are at 755 nothing else..
  5. sprigner

sprigner New Member

Are you sure the names are spelt correctly as VIDEO.png will not work etc etc.
  6. owie007

owie007 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yes, be sure that the filenames are correct... or maybe the icons are not there at all!
    some of the themes are made for the iPhone, so basically it wouldn't contain the Video and Music icons

setting the permission to 0755 is pointless, PNGs doesn't need to be EXECUTED to be used... it is not like the apps that'll require this kind of permission

check the contents of the zip file and look for the icons of Video and Music, if you cant find them try contacting the creator. ask if he/she can include the said icons
  7. wireeater

wireeater New Member

I think that is the exact problem.

When you import a theme on the I-touch and it doesn't have those icon files, will it put the stocks ones in the theme folder? Because checking the files through WinSMP it list video and music. I didn't open them to see the actual icon though. But browsing the blueprint DIR from the zip it DOES NOT contain these 2 images so they are not included which is the problem. Maybe I can just rename one that will go with music and video to substitute.

Thanks for your help.

**So I found 2 icons to substitute for the missing ones and renamed them videos and music and it works. Thanks for the help.
  8. super51fan

super51fan Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    the only things i set prmissions for is info.plist's and the name of the app
    i have never changed the permissions of an icon
  9. GrimmGreen

GrimmGreen New Member

blueprint does not come with a "music" icon (at least mine did not ) , it comes with an "ipod" icon i believe , so rename iPod.png , to Music.png
  10. VanillaGorilla3000

VanillaGorilla3000 New Member

im kinda having the same problem, but its my weather icon thats not changing, any ideas?