2 App Ideas/Looking For

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Wayfarer, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Wayfarer

Wayfarer New Member

Okay, well I have been looking for two applications like these for a while, perhaps someone here could help me.

1: A Task Manager for the iPod Touch (Second Generation, not that this matters). Not a "I need to go grocery shopping" manager, but a "What is using up all my ram, and can I kill it?" I know there are some applications (even available via the App Store), which can monitor your Ram Usage, but I would like those programs to also have a kill switch in them to take our extra processes you don't want running. Is there an application that can do that, and if not, perhaps someone would enjoy making it.

2: Turn the iPod Touch into an iPhone. Well, better than what has been done. I am currently using Skype via Fring, which woooorks, but not really. I'm looking for an App that can hook up to Skype, and then pretty much turn the iPod into a Phone, eg: Always runs in the background, rings when someone calls, (perhaps both in headphones and not), allows you to answer whenever anyone calls (no matter what app you are using), allows you to call out via Skype, and always keeps a connection open, even if the Phone goes to sleep. Is there something like that out there? I've looked, but so far nothing comes close to making the iPod Touch into an iPhone... I live in Vermont, there wasn't AT&T up here until 2 months ago, and I don't want to pay $100 a month for my Phone Bill. Skype is $3 a month, which is why I use that and not an iPhone.

Sooo, thoughts, comments? Ideas?
  2. Dragonpet

Dragonpet New Member

1. There is already one, originally in Chinese but the members here translated it. Search for it in the 2g section.

2. Again done and done.
    Get Fring, Backgrounder, Isomnia or Keepawake.
    Use IPKall.com to get a free washington number
    Don't know if it works with Skype but it definitely works with Voipstunt/SIP services
    Make sure you are in wifi coverage
    Call your ipod touch and get a geek-gasm.
  3. Wayfarer

Wayfarer New Member

I'll look for those, Thank you so much. Google didn't pull through for me this time, thanks!