(2) 2nd gen touch each with different looking screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by andranic, Jan 2, 2009.

1. andranic

andranic New Member

Hi everyone I just found this site and there's some great info here.

I just got a touch for my brother and my self and while comparing the two I found that his touch has a blueish tint, (looks very vibrant) to the screen while mine seems dull (compared to his). I tried playing around with the brightness level and it still didnt make a difference. I was wondering what the reason would be for the screens to look totally different. Normally i wouldnt make a big deal out of something like this but it does look very different.
  2. Edin.

Edin. New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Are you sure you both have two 2nd Generation iPod Touches? The 2G iPod Touch tends to have a slight yellow tint because of Apple's "Go-Green" agenda. However, if you set your brightness level all the way high, you will see no difference but your battery will drain quicker if brightness level goes higher.
  3. JAD

JAD New Member

Usually people find the 2G is more yellow and the 1G is more blue, in direct side by side comparison. In the same comparison playing video or looking at photos, the yellowish 2G handles very dark areas better (you can see more detail) and some people report the 2G yellow cast is much easier on the eyes for reading. Interesting you see such a difference in two 2G's. Apple has explained the colour difference is intentional on the 2G
  4. dagr8est

dagr8est Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yeah, I had to exchange my 2g for another because of wifi problems and I noticed that the one I got has a more yellowish tint. The other was perfectly white. It doesn't really bother me, but it's odd.
  5. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    do you have a screen protector and he doesnt?
  6. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Are they both the same generation?

Can you take a picture and post it?
  7. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The new 2Gs are mostly like this. I just returned one that had scanlines and was dark as hell. My new one is a lot better, but still not as good as the first one I had.
  8. andranic

andranic New Member

I bought them both the same week from the apple store im pretty sure they are both 2nd gen. even with the brightness all the way up I can see a difference.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    no screen protector either.
  9. Bi0hAzArD

Bi0hAzArD Member

I got a 2nd generation touch where the left half of the screen was tinted slightly red. I ended up returning it.
  10. dotPHIL

dotPHIL New Member

I had mine and my brothers touches side by side (both at full brightness) and noticed the same thing. Mine is not as crisp and has a yellow tint, while the color on his looks more neutral. Both are 2nd generation and neither have screen protectors.
    Is there something wrong with the screen? or is this normal?