2.2 update stalled - help needed

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by selianth, Nov 21, 2008.

1. selianth

selianth New Member

I have a 1st gen iPod Touch that had firmware 2.1 on it. This morning I downloaded and installed the newest version of iTunes onto my work computer (but I never actually restarted my computer as it asked me to do - this has never been a problem before.) I think plugged in my iPod; it downloaded the 2.2 update, backed up my iPod, and started installed. The progress bar in iTunes (which says "Updating iPod software...") got to about 10%, and the iPod itself had the Apple icon along with a progress bar that proceeded to fill all the way up.

However, it appears stuck now. The progress bar in iTunes is stalled at around 10% or so, and the Apple icon/full progress bar is just sitting on my iPod. Nothing has happened for a good 30 minutes. Is there anything that can be done? Do I just unplug it and resign myself to having to restore the whole thing? (Which would have to wait till this evening; while I've never had a problem updating here at work before, my music library resides on my home computer.) Any ideas how this happened or other advice? Thanks in advance.
  2. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Follow these steps:
    Unplug iPod
    Close iTunes
    Restart Computer
    Reopen iTunes
    Plug in iPod
    Download Firmware all over again.

Try these steps and make sure you have iTunes 8.0.2
  3. selianth

selianth New Member

Ah well. I tried the steps above; however, connecting the iPod to the computer now tells me it is in recovery mode and that I need to do a full restore. I'll do this when I get home. Thanks anyway.
  4. Ruamrudee

Ruamrudee Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    bump

i get this too

how do you get out of recovery mode!?????!!!