2.2 to 3.1.2?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Thingula, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Thingula

Thingula Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    A friend wants me to jailbreak his iPod Touch (2nd gen; MB model) for him, but I ran into a small problem. He's running iOS 2.2! XD

He wants it to be running iOS 4 (jailbroken), so that would mean that I would need to update it to 3.1.2, get the SHSH blobs, then upgrade to 4 and jailbreak it.

Is there any way to upgrade to 3.1.2?

Thanks in advance for any help,
    -Chris
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If the iPod has the old bootrom, which it probably does if the model begins with MB. He can just update to stock 4.0 and run redsn0w to jailbreak
  3. HeadReaper

HeadReaper Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    The above is right. Besides, 2G iPods don't have blobs.
  4. Thingula

Thingula Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  5. WhenCornAttacks

WhenCornAttacks New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ Download the right firware, depending on which iPod touch he has. Go to iTunes, plug in his ipod, and click "Restore" while holding the shift button. Search for the file you just downloaded. Click OK and resync his ipod.

Then go to blackra1n.com, download it. (it's the easiest and fastest jailbreak) Plug in the iPod to your computer, run blackra1n, click the only button in the window. It will jailbreak 3.1.2 without needing to restore. When it's done, go back to http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ and get the right 4.0 software. Then download sn0wbreeze 1.7 (google it). The rest you can find in any sn0wbreeze tutorial. Hope I helped

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. redXIII

redXIII New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    @headreaper ipod touch 2g does have blobs if you have an MC so read b4 posting and misleading people who are confused