2.2 Jailbreak not going into DFU.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by pyroxp7, Jan 1, 2009.

1. pyroxp7

pyroxp7 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Okay, before my iPod Touch 1G was fine. I had jailbroken it on firmware 2.2, but then I decided to give my iPod Touch a clean wipe so it would be smooth again. So, after restoring to original 2.2 firmware, I download the PwnageTool for 2.2 firmware, created an ISPW (2.2 jailbroken), and tried to put my iPod Touch 8GB 1G into DFU mode, but it didn't work.

I did the shut power off completely, hold home+power button 10 seconds, release and continue to hold home button for 10 seconds. Then in iTunes, it says "Waiting for iPod..." and for a minute it says that, finally, it says that the iPod was detected but something was incorrect or something like that. It was error 2001. So I had to reboot my iPod Touch. For some reason, I can't go into DFU mode anymore.

Btw, I'm using an iMac Leopard.
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Have you tried Quickpwn? Do you have a new mac or the newest Leopard firmware? If so DFU isn't happening for you. Use Quickpwn!
  3. SolarFlare

SolarFlare New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You can't jailbreak 2.2 using iTunes and a custom .ipsw. iTunes 8.0.2 (required to update to 2.2) detects and stops custom firmware files. Your best bet is to use QuickPwn.
  4. altemar

altemar New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i heard that if you have mac os x 10.5.6 it will completly deny access to dfu mode
  5. pyroxp7

pyroxp7 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Damn. Well I haven't tried Quickpwn, but I'll try. Thanks for your help!

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. GrrrBPD

GrrrBPD New Member

Device:
    iPhone
  7. pyroxp7

pyroxp7 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I did everything the link told me to do. Installed the stuff, etc.. After I created the FW 2.2 in PwnageTool, I was able to put my iPod Touch into DFU mode. But when I did the alt (option) + shift + click restore and choose the FW, it gave me error 1600, saying it can't restore.