2.2 Jailbreak Failed Now Im Screwed

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by mbord, Dec 8, 2008.

1. mbord

mbord New Member

I jailbroke 2.2 everything went fine until I opened up cydia, i opened it just to see what it was then it locked up. Now it's in cycleboot. No I did not get any liquid on it. My computer wil no longer recognize it. Is Their anyway to fix this??? Like getting it into recovery mode. I left it on all night and it's still on the apple logo.
  2. LesPaul

LesPaul New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    ouch. a similar thing happened to my ipod video, it showed the apple logo and never went to the home screen, and wasnt recognized by my computer. turned out i had smashed the insides of it somehow. i hope its not the same for you.
  3. jaymzleon

jaymzleon Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
  4. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

best thing to do is:

with the iPod plugged into PC and in the reboot cycle hold down the home and sleep buttons to turn it off then when it's off hold down the home and sleep buttons and count 10 seconds then when you get to 10 let go of the sleep button and keep hold of the home button, if you have a mac after about 10 seconds your mac should see ipod in recovery mode....... if pc then it could be upto 30 seconds. The whole time you do recovery mode the lcd screen will remain off as if it was powered off or locked.

once iTunes detects in recovery mode hit restore
  5. Jayy17

Jayy17 New Member

this is DFU restore mode it will help pretty much any software problem

but the tricky thing with an endless boot cycle is it's harder to time to start the DFU
    so just keep trying it at different places in the boot loop and eventually it should pop up on your pc, the first time this happened to me it tookme like a half hour of doing this so dont give up and keep hanging in there
  6. Masky64

Masky64 New Member

I followed his instructions and DFU Mode started up right away. How do I get on iTunes and restore?
  7. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    check the link in my sig about dfu mode.
  8. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

iTunes should auto open and say it detected it in restore mode so you should just click restore, if iTunes did not load then open the program and it should then say it detected iPod in recovery mode.
  9. rhyslightning

rhyslightning New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ive tryed jailbreaking mine worked fine and now the ipod wont turn on. ill turn it on and it the screen says connect to itunes which i do thn it says restore so i do and right at the end it says it cant regoinish the ipod. it only new and i need help to get it going again can any1 please help me out and get it going again thanks
  10. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Make your own thread.