2.2.1 vs 3.0 Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by js2393, Jul 9, 2009.

1. js2393

js2393 New Member

Device Info: iPod Touch 2G 2.2.1, Windows Vista

I've done a bit of searching, but I still have a few questions (I'm completely knew to jailbreaking):

1. Do I have to upgrade to 3.0 before I can use redsn0w to jailbreak my 2.2.1 ipod, or can I jailbreak as it is at 2.2.1?

2. Can 3.0 features such as bluetooth only be obtained by jailbreaking at 3.0?

3. After jailbreaking my iPod, will it still be possible for me to legally purchase apps, music, and movies from iTunes?

Thanks ahead of time!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    if u want a 3.0 jailbreak, u need 3.0 installed first, u also need to know where the firmware is kept, i will find where it is saved if you do not know(windows xp vista or mac?) and if you mean the bluetooth features that games and other apps use, then yes 3.0 only, i suggest the 3.0 jailbreak if you dont know which to do yet, 3.0 and up will only get better while 2.x.x is long gone lol and ur third question, yes you can purchase them legitamately, and take out the pirating part in your post, just in case a mod decides to ban/warn you, neither of which is fun lol
  3. js2393

js2393 New Member

Ok, thanks for the quick reply!

I think I know how to jailbreak it (the tutorials look fairly simple.) I just needed information to decide if I should upgrade to 3.0 first or jailbreak at 2.2.1. Guess I'll be upgrading to 3.0 first, thanks!
  4. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    no problem lol i try to reply fast, if i needed help i wouldnt want to wait forever.. and use redsnow, it has its own instructions for u and stuff like that, works like 99.9999999999999% of the time lol links to the download are on the front page a few posts down if u dont know how to get it urself
  5. js2393

js2393 New Member

I successfuly jailbroke my iPod Touch. However, I thought I had read that jailbreaking would delete everything currently on my iPod. When I turned it on after jailbreaking, all of my apps and media files were still there.
  6. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    yes thats supposed to happen lol