2.2.1 JB won't update to 3.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by HckrSvn, Aug 24, 2009.

1. HckrSvn

HckrSvn Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I am trying to update to 3.0, I have a jailbroken 2.2.1 2G touch. iTunes will hang on "Preparing iPod for restore" and then say that it can't be completed.

Does anybody know what I should do?

Thanks in advance

*HckrSvn
  2. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It's not recommended to update from a jailbroken device because when you update it,
    the previous jailbreak will still be there taking up memory..
    listed as other on iTunes.
  3. HckrSvn

HckrSvn Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    alright, I tried restoring and putting normal, unjailbroken 2.2.1 on my iPod and then upgrading to 3.0; but it had the same issue.
    Plus it's annoying me because when I click the update button it puts the "Connect to iTunes" screen on my iPod, and I can't remove it without spending an hour restoring, reinstalling, & re syncing my ipod.
  4. CAxJESTER11

CAxJESTER11 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think your lucky that you cant upgrade because the 3.0 firmware changes things on you ipod. I have a jailbroken 3.0 ipod touch 2g and i cant install winterboard because my ipod will get stuck in the boot screen and I will have to restore it. I have done this and rejailbroken my ipod about 8 times. Trust me, it is better just to stick with the 2.2.1 jailbreak than to use the 3.0 jailbreak.
    Hope this helps

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. guido11450

guido11450 Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    i hate to reopen this old thread, but did you ever fix yours? I'm trying to update to 3.2.1, but I can't get it to update either, same exact problem.