2.2.1 jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by jfb392, Jan 27, 2009.

1. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Please be aware that this is not an official Dev Team jailbreak, I decrypted all keys by myself.
    This is also only for the 1G iPod touch; nothing else (because I only own a 1G).
    Also, please do not spread this around or modify it like what happened with my 2.1 jailbreak (it was posted on that crappy quickpwn.com website with credit to me, I'd appreciate it if you at least didn't credit me if you did take it; I do not want to be affiliated with you).
    QuickPwn is a Dev Team program and not my own, the only thing that is mine is the 2.2.1 Info.plist.

The version of QuickPwn I prefer is a very old command line version, sorry if you don't feel comfortable with the command line (this is actually better, since this is not made to be for inexperienced users).
    The syntax is as follows, anything in [ ] is optional:
    Code:
    quickpwn iPod1,1_2.2.1_5H11_Restore.ipsw n45ap [-b logo.png] [-r recovery.png] Cydia.tar.gz delcache.tgz [Installer.tar.gz]

Note that this is assuming you have a copy of the 2.2.1 IPSW in the QuickPwn-221 folder, if you don't please change your location accordingly.

Cydia it not necessarily required, but highly recommended.
    My package "delcache" is required though, since this version of QuickPwn does not delete your MobileInstallation cache (which needs to be refreshed with new application installs as of 2.1).
    This package will only delete your cache on the first boot.

If you understand the risks of using unofficial software and believe that you are able to handle a command line program, you can download my repackaged QuickPwn here.

Enjoy and remember that this is not an official Dev Team release.

Edit:
    It's disappointing that there are no replies to this, but I'm also working on a PwnageTool/XPwn bundle.
    I spent the weekend after 2.2 was released reversing the patches so that I never had to guess and check my work, and so that I could make my own patches for both methods.
  2. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Good Job! This is great man! I am more of a user packaged program type of person, so I won't be using this (yet) but it is nice to see that there is an alternative

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. fpain

fpain Guest

i tried it doesnt work quickpwn doesnt start
  4. max rebo

max rebo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Appreciated. Not tested but keep up the good work.
  5. fpain

fpain Guest

you thing man but sry tried and the wuickpwn start and keeps shotting down and i have the ipsw in the folder

6. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm gonna try it out now, thanks alot

7. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Epic.

Thanks for your help.
  8. fpain

fpain Guest

but it doesnt work for me does it for u

9. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Successfully completed for me, no cydia though. I'm trying again, not sure if I remembered to put it in on cmd

EDIT: Worked this time, flawless, thanks very much

10. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Its unofficial, not from the dev team. But it does work and its pretty much as simple as using regular quickpwn if you know what you're doing in command prompt