2.2.1 jailbreak problems on new unibody macbook

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by d. anthony, Apr 4, 2009.

1. d. anthony

d. anthony New Member

I just updated my 1g ipod touch. I am trying to jailbreak using the quick pwn but quick pwn just hangs up. Then I tried jailbreaking with pwngtool, to no avail. For some reason itunes will not let me restore to the 2.2.1 file. Can someone help me with this problem please?
  2. xxDriveNxx

xxDriveNxx Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    When is the problem actually occurring? Are you able to get your iPod into DFU mode?
  3. d. anthony

d. anthony New Member

quickpwn and pwnagetool says ipod is in DFU mode. pwnagetool, does what its supposed to but, when i close it and try to restore with the custom .ipsw file, I get a (21) error code.
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    The problem is your computer. Do a search for DFU on 10.5.6 or Macbook unibody. There is a file you need to get from the Apple Dev Site to fix this.
  5. d. anthony

d. anthony New Member

Ok, Ill do that. Thanks
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Tried the fix but, its doing the same thing.

Is itunes supposed to open when i start quick pwn or pwnage tool?
  6. SSlide

SSlide New Member

It's definately possible, I did it 2 days ago on my unibody MB. It requires this fix indeed cause DFU mode has been disabled on OSX 10.5.6, basically replaces USB kext files with the 10.5.5 files. This is quite risky though, if you mess up your keyboard and touchpad won't work anymore. actually it was very weird for me, I ran the patch and it didn't even ask for my password so I ran the 10.5.6 combo update just to be safe (wasn't taking the risk to end up with a messed up kb & touchpad). After I rebooted I put my ipod in DFU after the first try, don't know how I did it but it worked

Please Register or Log in to view images