2.2.1 Firmware

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Winzle, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Winzle

Winzle New Member

Ok So I have already Jailbroken my 8 Gig Ipod touch 1G and now i'm trying to do the same for my friend. I've downloaded the latest version of quickpwn for the 2.2.1 firmware and his ipod id exactly the same as mine so i shouldnt have to much trouble but quickpwn won't find the firmware, and i had this problem with mine also but once i updated to 2.2.1 i jailbroke it right after and quickpwn found the firmware, But i can't do that with my friends because he is already on the 2.2.1 firmware so i need to know where to go on my computer to locate the firmware or where to go to download it onto my computer so i can then go and find it by browsing my files

PS: I need to have it ready for him by tomorrow so quick help would be appreciated
  2. roboticos

roboticos New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  3. Winzle

Winzle New Member

Wait I think the firmware in this link is version 1.1.5 is it not? If So I need the 2.2.1
  4. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    2.2.1 is there. Look in the iPhone/iPod Touch section.
  5. Winzle

Winzle New Member

Oh now i feel stupid lol, thanks I'll see if this works.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Sorry for the double post , I don't know if there's rules against it but Ok I've downloaded the firmware in the previous link you provided but that still doesn't help me, because i don't know what to do to make quickpwn find that firmware or how to locate where it went on my computer? Well Actually that's not entirely true i found this in the temp folder on my computer (iPod1,1_2.2.1_5H11_Restore-1) and i think that's it but quickpwn wont find it automatically and the temp folder doesn't show up when you browse for the firmware.

- Wait never mind wow i feel stupid again.