2.2.1...downgrade?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by aakhmwl, Feb 26, 2009.

1. aakhmwl

aakhmwl Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ok, new stuff ive heard...

first off, is it true the dev team is only 8 bytes away from making a non-tethered release for 2g 2.2.1 jailbreaks?

second off, is it possible to downgrade my 2g ipod touch from v2.2.1 to a lower version, like 2.2? (if so, is 2.2 tethered still?)

aaaaand since i own vista 64-bit, is it possible to jailbreak my ipod through VirtualBox running XP?

and des this look like itd work...?
    http://www.techlivez.com/2009/02/how-to-jailbreak-ipod-touch-2g-in-windows-xp-vista-master-tutorial/

thats all ive got for now...
  2. Heffdan

Heffdan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    For the First Question Yes they are.
    For Second Question correct me if I'm wrong guys but if you have jailbroken and you downgrade it will erase the jailbreak.
    For last question im not sure sorry mate.
  3. aakhmwl

aakhmwl Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i havnt jailbroken it yet. i want to like crazy, but not yet...
  4. khage123

khage123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ya u can downgrade any version im pretty sure but ull have to re-jailbreak though
  5. daan12

daan12 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i ahve the same problem i have just bought a brand nem ipod touch 2g 8gb 2.2.1 but winpwn and all the other don't work on my ipod because it saids error 1601 or 1600 and winpwn doesn't work either so is there a downgrade? plz give me the link
  6. chilladatrilla

chilladatrilla New Member

how send me a link plllllsss
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    pls i need help im a new comer to jailbreak i keep hearing it all around just bought an ipod touch 2g with a v2.2.1 how do i down grade do i neee to downgrade for a jailbreak pls i need help i really wanna mess around with cydia and winter board and i need step by step directions to do both downgrade and jailbreak i dont wanna mess up my ipod thannkk you
  7. Andre81

Andre81 New Member

I guess we all have that same problem with using Quickpwn 22-1. Not being able to restore or jailbreak your 2g Iphone. We all have a newer verison firmware that will not let you go forward.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I found the answer... for down grading to a v2.2. This is the same information for the Iphone 2g.

Here is how you can downgrade from firmware 2.2.1 to 2.2:

* Connect your iPhone to your Mac or PC and select your iPhone from the list of devices in iTunes. If things had gone horribly wrong while hacking your iPhone and iTunes does not detect your iPhone then you will need to put it in DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode.

o You can follow these steps to put your iPhone in DFU mode (this is required only if iTunes does not recognize your iPhone):
    + Connect your iPhone to your computer.
    + Turn iPhone off.
    + Hold power and home together for 10 seconds (exactly).
    + Release power but keep holding home until the computers beeps (observed on a PC) as a USB device is recognized.
    + A few seconds later iTunes should detect your iPhone.

* In the Summary Tab, Hold down Option and press the “Restore” button. If you are using Windows hold down Shift and press the Restore button. (This is an important step as just pressing the “Restore” button will result in restoring your iPhone with the latest firmware which is firmware 2.2 currently, by holding down Option in case of Mac or Shift in case of Windows, allows you choose the firmware file that you want to downgrade to.)

After restoring download QuickPWN from http://www.quickpwn.com/downloads and use it to jailbreak your firmware 2.2.

send me a email at xpozphotography@hotmail.com to let me know. I just did it to my Iphone.
  8. hdvjesfh

hdvjesfh New Member

dont work

Please Register or Log in to view images

hey i tried that but it didnt work. is there anything else i can do? should i try to downgrade or should i wait for quikpwn yo come out with something for 2.2.1? if any can help please do so.
  9. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This is old news now, its all sorted for 2G owners. Check out www.redsn0w.com for the program to jailbreak.