Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by padsquad43, May 21, 2008.

1. padsquad43

padsquad43 New Member

since the new iphones supposed to have gps, does that mean it will be an added feature in 2.1? or not...just curious.
  2. nbvikingsidiot001

nbvikingsidiot001 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    we're not sure what it has because i heard that because of 3g there is a battery problem and so it might not have gps
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Who said the iPhone will have GPS? Think about it. If the iPhone had GPS, BlueTooth, Wifi, Edge/3G, How long would the battery last?

Add that to Surfing the web, phone calls, Music.

You'd be lucky to last an hour on the device.
  4. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Here is my long but simple take on it:

Manufactures are capable of producing devices that far outdate what we have now; TODAY. for example, Intel could more than likely build an 8 core processor for the iPhone if they wanted, but they give products to us little by little so that they don't release one big thing then they go bankrupt. Battery technology is always increasing in capacity so I don't think it is so unorthodox to say that a year after the current iPhone, a newer battery will be included with more capacity.
  5. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Wow, don't you think it is ironic that even 2.0 did not even come out yet, people are worrying about 2.1?

Please Register or Log in to view images

LOL

6. Bushido

Bushido New Member

well Nokia and Sony Ericsson phones come with GPS, 3G etc. and it seems to work pretty well
  7. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You're thinking wayyy to far ahead. Humanity has not created a battery technology that lasts that long. Why, if that were possible, we wouldn't be needing OIL now would we? An 8 Core processor for the iPhone? How could they do that? They would have to delve deeper into Nano technology which isn't even remotely possible for us in this current age. We'd need at least another 20 - 30 years to even get near that remote possibility.

Yes battery capacities increase in capacity. But not right now.

Yes, they have phones with 3G and GPS etc. I never said they didn't work. I'm saying that it will drain the battery like no tommorow.
  8. H3X

H3X New Member

Its not like your going to be downloading data with Bluetooth, Wifi, 3G/2.5G, and GPS at the same time.

For ex. GPS would only turn on when someone opens the Maps application.
  9. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    People very often would forget to turn off WiFi/3G. Combine that with 3G. Lots of Clumsy people in the world

10. PippenMan101

PippenMan101 New Member

GPS, Wi-Fi, 3G, Bluetooth, Phone Hardware, Music Hardware, Flash Player, etc. The iPhone's battery would die in a flash. Why do you need GPS when that Locate Me thing from SkyHook works pretty well? Do you want to lose that precious battery juice so that circle is smaller? Besides, it would be iPhone 2.0.1