2.1 update for ipod touch with gift card

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Revans, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Revans

Revans New Member

Hey, guys! Have a problem!

I bought a gift card (10$) for updating my ipod touch with the version 2.1. As we know it costs 9.95, so it should be enough for update. BUT...after I opened my itunes store account, redeemmed and tried to get update it said I don't have enough money and sent me to billing info window (but i had that money, i later bought some songs instead xD).
    I'm quite confused!
    I have US store account although I am not at US at the moment(and won't be so soon) it shouldn't be that problem, right?
    Has anyone updated your ipod using gift card? Or maybe ''apple'' is just messing again with their customers?

Waiting for advance! Thanks!
  2. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you can only use the cards to buy music and apps. not updates.
    nice try.
  3. Revans

Revans New Member

Oh... That makes me upset. Now I can throw my ipod in junk.
    I just don't understand 'apple'. Why there are some chosen ones who gets all the stuff and some can't get even the update. I bought my ipod in a legal 'apple' store in my country, paid more than 300 $ and that's what i get by supporting that company? That's just unfair. Why can't they give a user code for everyone who buys their products (for example, ipod or iphone). Then we register that code and legally get itunes account. And later PAY them for all the stuff with our CC's.
    I don't have US CC, don't want jailbreak my ipod!
    Is there any way how I can get that update? (No jailbreaking)
    Maybe someone has any idea and would like to help me?
    My mail: revans2@hotmail.com
  4. yankees101

yankees101 Banned

well, theres plenty of ways to the the 2.0 upgrade

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Revans

Revans New Member

For example? I don't want to jailbreak it and the only update the itunes provide for me is 2.1. Where (in itunes) I can get 2.0 update? Is it possible to get this update using gift cards?

Thank you, again!
  6. smoothsurfer

smoothsurfer New Member

the update is free if you have the 2.0 firmware

you can purchase the firmware from apple for 9.95 usd and the update to 2.1 is free, l assume you have the first generation lpod, the second generation comes with that firmware so you dont need update. You should also have the latest version of itunes, if not , when you open itunes with your lpod connected it will tell you to update, if that happens just follow the instructions and buy the version 2.1 firmware and ya good to go . Hope this helps