2.1 Trouble (Cydia, OpenSSH, and others)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by www.com, Sep 14, 2008.

1. www.com

www.com New Member

I jailbroke my iPod yesterday, and I've been having a lot of problems since then.

Right off the bat, Installer was on the springboard, but Cydia wasn't. After using Total Commander to get in, I noticed that Cydia is installed. Why isn't it showing on the Springboard?

I also installed some other apps manually, but only a couple showed up. After that, I installed OpenSSH, but tried to connect with WinSCP, but the connection timed out, no matter how long I set the time to be. I used TC again, to replace the Mobileinstallation file, rebooted, but that didn't change anything! What is going on?! Installer 4 is terrible, I miss my background and icons... This is so frustrating!

Before you post: I chose both Installer and Cydia in Quickpwn. I've used SSH hundreds of times before. I've re-updated my 2.1 firmware many times. I want to avoid using RESTORE as much as I can.

Please help me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. divebommah

divebommah New Member

I'm also having this problem. Could use some suggestions.
  3. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    set the permissions of the Cydia.app folder and everything in it to 755 or 777. that should fix it.

4. divebommah

divebommah New Member

not sure how to do that without being able to SSH/SFTP my way in.

EDIT: What the hell? Got Cydia to appear and now I discover that OpenSSH isn't installed. It WAS...

reinstalling...connecting times out now rather than refusing. hm.