2.1 Speaker Trouble

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by BOyOfWONDEr, Oct 1, 2008.

1. BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I recently upgraded to 2.1 and i hadn't used my speakers in a while...

Please Register or Log in to view images

When i connected the iPod with the port the output was grainy and distorted but usually only when i interacted with the iPod (volume, skip ect...). I also noticed it was alot quieter than normal.

Is this a general problem with 2.1/new iPods in general? Does it happen with other speakers? Is it a conspiracy by Apple to make us buy more accesories?

ARG!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. organerito

organerito New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It happened to me something similar. I listened music in my ear phones. Then, I connected it to my car and it started stopping playing. When I tried to connect a portable speaker, it didn't work at all. I also tried with my earphones and nothing. I restarted it and it has been ok since.
  3. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)

I use my ipod touch on various docks all the time at work, so I think I know what your problem is. The ipod touch, due to the fact that it is incredibly skinny or a faulty dock connection or something, doesn't always get a good connection with docks/firewires, ect.... at least that's the situation with mine. If you dont have the adapter thing that came with your touch you can do what I see doctors who own an ipod touch at the hospital I work at do; stick a matchbook or some business cards, napkins, whatever, between the ipod and the dock. just enough pressure to keep the ipod straight up and firmly connected to your dock.

Hope that makes sense.
  4. gurusidhu

gurusidhu New Member

i you just remove the ear phone from the headphone the music goes to pause to save the battery. it is there for every 1G ipod i am not sure abt 2g ipod