2.1 problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by happymud, Sep 24, 2008.

1. happymud

happymud New Member

I was just curious if anyone has had a problem with upgrading to 2.1 and the Genius playlist.
    Because ever since I upgraded to 2.1 (had 2.0 jailbroken and worked good) I enabled the Genius playlist and now for some reason my iPod wont stay charged, its like there is some kind of program always running.

Is there anyway to fix this cause I really dont want to reinstall everything again.
    I am now just trying to turn off the Genius playlist I will let everyone know if this works thanks

sorry I posted this in wrong thread didnt see the 2.1 topic please move this thread moderator
    thanks
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I highly doubt Genius Playlist is your issue.
  3. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    Did you leve your iPod in standby for a long time (over night)?
    If yer, then i think i know what happend:
    Your iPod didn't go into standby and wasted your battery.
    That alsow happend to me sometimes on 1.1.4.

I don't think Genius is the problem.
  4. droopdude

droopdude New Member

Delete your mail profile and the problem should go away (at least mine did).
  5. happymud

happymud New Member

Its still doing it. no I didnt leave it in standby. and its also running really slow its weird I might take it back to best buy and get another one, its a first gen 32Gb. do you think they will give me a second gen one as a replacement ? But first I will restore it and see if that fixes it.
  6. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Genius, Not

The iPod version of genius does not require Wi-Fi, so your problem is something else.
  7. happymud

happymud New Member

well I tried to delete my email and it would freeze my ipod so I just did a restore new ipod now things seem better but I will find out in the morning thanks to everyone that has responded I think it was the email thing that was the problem I will post back tomarrow and let you all know if it works
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    UPDATE
    everything is working great running smooth no lag and my battery is staying charged also have it Jailbroke thanks again I think it was my E-mail messing it up well I will see you all around