2.1 not totally fixed

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Harry Goldfarb, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Harry Goldfarb

Harry Goldfarb New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Do u know that annoying problem where once u have appstore apps and you try to download something from cydia or the Installer it gets stuck on the bootscreen. Well its not totally fixed i just had this problem. I had tons of appstore apps on here and many cydia apps that i have installed after the appstore apps were on but when i tried to do something on the installer i ended up not even installing anything but it did that spinning wheel thing and crashed. So i don't know what's up with the installer but I'm not using it for the time being.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

You do know Apple don't make fixes based on anything to do with jailbreaking? If anything - they limit things to do with jailbreaking. It's the PWN itself that has the trouble, not the firmware.
  3. Zee

Zee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

The firmware isn't perfect. It's a HUGE improvement but I've still noticed a few bugs. I'm NOT jailbroken at all.

1. Contacts list loads quickly, but still takes 3-4 seconds after loading before you can scroll the list

2. Typing on the keyboard when surfing a forum sometimes has lag. (text message keyboard lag seems gone now)
  4. Spike McFang

Spike McFang New Member

I had the same problem with the 2.0 firmware and had to reinstall everything cos something went bad with Cydia. It goes with the jailbreak turf.

I didn't fret even when I had like 50-60 apps and had to reinstall. So what? It's all on *.ipa which is easily replaced with the help of iTunes. The only problem would be syncing. Even then, you could do all of that at night while you sleep.

I made a list of all the apps that I'd want to keep and have them on a backup in the event that my ipod touch goes booboo.
  5. ELLDAWG

ELLDAWG Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    so its not the 2.1 firmware then... its just the jailbreak thats not right yet?
  6. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

Actually, I think I'm wrong. There is nothing technically wrong with the jailbreak, but i think both Cydia and Installer will have troubles until they're updated.
  7. ELLDAWG

ELLDAWG Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yer, actually.... come to think about it, it will probably just be cydia/installer that are the problems, cus they havent been updated since 2.1, the jailbreak will be perfect (dev team

)

so yer, we just need an update for cydia and installer