2.1 Jailbroken Backup Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by iH@CK3RZ, Sep 14, 2008.

1. iH@CK3RZ

iH@CK3RZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    For those who have this problem, you have to ssh into your ipod and replace the one that is there with a patched one(use google to find it). once you have go to /system/library/privateframeworks/mobileinstallation.framework and replace the old one with new one.make sure you make a copy of the old one first(just to have it). restart your ipod and now your backups work again. if you have any questions pm me.
  2. herr_sebbe

herr_sebbe New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Didn't work for me. I might not have used the right patch file. Could you be more specific to which one you mean?
  3. jailwut wunnow

jailwut wunnow New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Same here. Hasnt worked. I've tried multiple files, set permissions on the file to 775. Set the folder permission to 775. Deleted the com.apple.mobileinstallation.plist file, checked the "set group permissions recursively" on the folder (which then seems to uncheck when I check right after), rebooted and STILL cannot backup.

Any ideas? I 99% sure I have the iPod mobileInstall file and not the phone version. Maybe I have like 3 versions of the 2.1 phone file and zero iPod files. I am open to another try if there is another method/file. Or maybe I am just missing a step.

Note: everything else works beautifully on 2.1 : music, syncs, genius, app store apps. I dont/wont use cracked apps!
  4. iH@CK3RZ

iH@CK3RZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    type into google "MobileInstallation from iPod Touch 2.1" with the quotes into google and go to one of those links cant tell you which one dont want to get banned. after you download it, ssh into your ipod and go to /system/library/privateframeworks/mobileinstallation.framework you should see a file inside the folder that has the name "mobileinstallation" that is the one you need to replace with the one you just downloaded. not the com.apple.mobileinstallation.plist file
  5. jailwut wunnow

jailwut wunnow New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I understand that. I did the search and have multiple versions of said file. I deleted the plist file as I have seen in other threads. I didnt replace it. The only thing left is to restore and jb again.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. iH@CK3RZ

iH@CK3RZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    you werent supposed to delete the plist file. the mobileinstallation is a file not a plist. when you jailbreak it again pm me and i can help you out.
  7. jadphoto

jadphoto New Member

I dont think the mobileinstallation file fixes backups. But I may be wrong. I think mobileinstallation lets you use the cracked apps.
  8. iH@CK3RZ

iH@CK3RZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    it does but it also lets you fix backups. trust i just did it a couple of hours ago.
  9. per16jensen

per16jensen New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Worked perfectly. Thanks.
  10. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    What do you mean by "fixing backups"? Because I Jailbroke my 2.1 iPhone 3G and when the apps were synced back to my Phone from iTunes, I had lost all the data. No save games, nothing....