2.1 Jailbreak need to go to DFU mode?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Zavonn, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Zavonn

Zavonn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hi,

Ever since trying to jailbreak 2.0, my computer would always reject my ipod once it goes into DFU mode. I'm still on 1.1.4 now, since that jailbreak doesn't require DFU mode, but I really want to jailbreak 2.1. So does the jailbreak have any processes in which it requires my ipod to go into dfu mode or not?

Thanks
  2. BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you use Quickpwn it pretty much holds your hand through the process, i'm not sure if it actually goes into DFU mode but iTunes doesn't have to recognize it so i would give it a go.
  3. Veritas06

Veritas06 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Have you tried uninstalling & re-install iTunes & Apple Mobile Device? I was having problems with DFU mode on my computer, re-installed, & all of a sudden my computer had the "New Hardware Detected" & it was my iPod in DFU.
  4. Zavonn

Zavonn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have.

The thing is my computer would recognize my ipod in DFU mode, but once itunes pops up and says, "iTunes needs to contact the database to identify your device" I click "check" and then it says "Waiting for iPod". After a little bit it would say, "Error 1601, an ipod has been connected by cannot be identified". Either that or my computer says, "USB Not Recognized: One of your USB devices has malfunctioned" Something of that sort, and my ipod, which is still in DFU mode, is left out in the blue. All I need to do is hold the power and sleep buttons for 15 seconds to get my individual ipod running again, I was never able to restore to a custom firmware.

I have a lot of stuff on 1.1.4 and I don't want to risk restoring to 2.1, losing all my data, and still not be able to jailbreak 2.1, so I want to be sure that this will work.