2.1 download glitch?

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by berky93, Aug 4, 2008.

1. berky93

berky93 New Member

2.0.1 download glitch?

for some reason, the last 2 time I've tried to download firmware 2.0.1 through itunes (to update my ipod, duh) I get a "there was a problem downloading the ipod software. the network connection timed out."

is there a way to fix this? also is there a way to skip updating and just restore my ipod to a previous backup? [I had to get my ipod replaced today, and while I was at the apple store the new firmware was released. now I want to just restore to a backup of my ipod as it was, but itunes wont let me until I update to firmware 2.0.1 - It also wont download 2.0.1 because of the above glitch. can someone tell me where the firmware file that it backs up or how to restore to a backup directly?
  2. The Baydestrian

The Baydestrian Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    try restarting ur computer or checking ur internet connection

also, its 2.01 not 2.1

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Actually, it's 2.0.1, not 2.01 or 2.1

4. berky93

berky93 New Member

lol right. thanks for correcting me.

also, I just found out theres tornado warnings really close to me (don't worry, I'm safe!) and so that may be messing with the internet.

EDIT: storms passing, the download is 1/3 of the way done, farther than ever before. I think it will work now.
  5. yabro

yabro New Member

this is pretty funny...

I've tried over 10 times to download this 2.0.1 firmware for my 3g.

The filesize is 249.2MB. I download 249.1MB, and then it stalls. A few seconds later, I get error 3259 (connection timed out).

Any fixes?
  6. loki119

loki119 New Member

I've been trying to download the latest updat (2.0.1) all day, and everytime the download is close to completion, i always get the same 'timeout error'.. Im certain there isnt any problem with my connection. Ive tried restarting my PC several times, disabling both my firewall and my anti-virus software and every time always the same timeout error

Here is a link to download the actual 2.0.1 firmware http://www.iphone-hacks.com/downloads/file/128

Ive downloaded the firmware but i need advice on how to install..please,

7. charalelrey

charalelrey New Member

Nod32

If you have Nod32 this may be the solution:

This most likely happens due to a large archive being scanned. When you download an archive, NOD32 decompresses its content to a temporary folder and scans each file with all options enabled (including advanced heuristics and runtime packers). As a result, it may take dozens of seconds or even minutes to scan such a large archive and the program that's been downloading the file may time out. A better solution than disabling archive scanning in the web protection will be better control over archive size.
  8. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    If you could have waited a couple months you would have posted on a thread that was an entire year old! Nice work!