2.1 almost 1gb of "other" still left in...help?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Wambam1205, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Wambam1205

Wambam1205 Banned

I just went to 2.1 with quickpwn and it erased all of the apps and all that I had from jailbreaking. But there is still 1gb of "other" when i plug my ipod into itunes...since i only have an 8gb and you only get 7gbs, ive used 6 for music, 400mb for appstore apps, but the rest is filled with "other"...on 2.0.2 i had still room to download stuff, now i dont im wondering if all my old suff was put somewhere else, making me have doubles or somehing...does any one else have this problem...or a solution?
  2. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you just upgraded, instead of restored, all your apps are still in the media partition from when cydia moved them. SSH in and delete it.
  3. Wambam1205

Wambam1205 Banned

I looked in the Applications on the root but nothing was there, but itunes says there is still stuff there. (and im talking about the jailbreak app folder were cydia and all are)
  4. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    When i looked in the stash folder(private/var/stash or something) there were two applications folders. One of them was from just then when i upgraded, and the other is the old one that got left there. I just deleted the old one and i got all my space back.
  5. cainy

cainy New Member

1gb of apps is a lot, and if its in stash then id assume that there appstore apps and should have been copied back over to the ipod, i have noticed that 2.x takes more space up, used to have 7.54gb now i have 7.08gb, might not sound like a big difference but it is when you only have 7gb to play with
  6. Wambam1205

Wambam1205 Banned

I didnt know about the stash folder, thanks man, thats where all the stuff was just sitting