2.0 Wifi

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by vandersar, Sep 6, 2008.

1. vandersar

vandersar New Member

Hey,

after i jailbroke my ipod with winpwn 2.5 i noticed my wifi is much slower..
    does anyone have this problem? im running firmware 2.0.2

thanks.
  2. TmacHot

TmacHot Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    nope i dont have this problem
    restart your router?
  3. DotSlashSlash

DotSlashSlash Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    :/ mines fine.. the only problem i have with wifi is that if i have push off it doesnt connect to my wifi unless i go to other and type in everything manually
  4. ricardofelix95

ricardofelix95 Banned

Mine seem to be fine....
  5. jack.misner@virgin.net

jack.misner@virgin.net New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    same with mine...
  6. xFinch713x

xFinch713x New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ever since i upgraded my ipod touch to 2.0.0 and my moms to 2.0.2, we havnt been able to have a good internet connection on it. we have a linksys router, yet at my dads, i can connect fine. i think its a mix of apples software/firmware and router problems. mainly apple though, since before it was fine.
  7. DotSlashSlash

DotSlashSlash Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    i had this problem and it probably will persist although turn on Push seems to fix it atm, however sometimes it desides to not work, and funily enough it works any where else except my own home, (even the persons wifi who lives across the river and i can recieve it in the park connects automatically, while my Apple AirPort Extreme doesnt

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  8. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Nothing about WiFi reception is changed in a firmware update, it's based on the hardware.
  9. PVGuero

PVGuero New Member

When I was on 1.1.4 had full reception bars on wifi..now with 2.0.1 I see weaker reception..same location..setups etc..only difference is the firmware. Both home and my office same weaker reception.
  10. xFinch713x

xFinch713x New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    turning it on fixes it? im pretty sure mines already on... but il make sure to try with on and off. thanks for the tip (same goes for me, all other connections work except mine)
    then how do you explain (or anyone for that matter) my wifi working on 1.1.x, but not 2.0.x? Just curious because it seems to me that apple changed something. Of course, i have never actually looked for anything in the firmwares that even suggests a wifi reception change, but hey, you never know with apple.