2.0 Wifi lag?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by unrealchaos, Jul 13, 2008.

1. unrealchaos

unrealchaos New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hey guys! (first post! yay xD)
    anyway, today i upgraded from 1.1.4 jailbroken to 2.0.
    I;ve been missing it a little, but 2.0 isn't too horrible.. I'm still contemplating if it was worth it however...

when i was paying around with 2.0 and the free apps you get form the apple store, it seemed like my internet dramatically got slower in my ipod touch. It takes much longer to update weather, or my inbox on mail. It even takes a long time to send a message through AIM. So i was wondering if this was just a bug in the 2.0 system or maybe theres something wrong with the firmware.. sorry if this as been asked/solved but i didn't find it.

i got my firmware from "sources"

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. newdude

newdude New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Have you tried resetting your network? maybe that would help. I didn't restore mine. I opted for "new ipod touch" when I installed 2.0

Im not really experiencing any significant changes on my speed.

But then again, my connection speed is slow to start with, maybe I didn't see any difference because my connection is really hopeless. lol
  3. mrkatou

mrkatou Banned

I've been experiencing that too on aol, When backing up the iPod its takes like 20 minutes anyone else having similar problems. Try turning off modem more than 1 minute and let the modem restart perfectly.