2.0 vry laggy and drain more battery?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by velato, Jul 12, 2008.

1. velato

velato New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I dont know whether anyone experienced this but ever since ive been on the new 2.0 firmware..everything seems to be laggy. Waiting for the next song after clicking the forward button on the music app seems to be longer than the usuals one..

Then when i want to play videos back to where they are left off, the screen went blank everything was hanging ,after bout 7 secs..the video appeared..

Then, i dunno why the battery life drains faster. Im not downloading nor installing any new apps..juz leave it to lock mode while listening to music...
  2. Thricemin

Thricemin New Member

Ya i just purchased the 2.0 update last night at 2 in the morning and its the official download but i am experiencing problems to.I have come to realize this release is very buggy it acts more like a beta.

Some apps wont even open and then my ipod reset itself if thats what your talking about.
  3. ipodtouch is dabest

ipodtouch is dabest Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    that's weird. I still dont have the 2.0 upgrade so I wouldn't know, but it really wouldn't suprise me cus apple seems to not be working out all the 2.0 software bugs yet.
  4. flyingguitar

flyingguitar Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    they will probibly do the same thing that sony did with the PS3 2.40 firmware

Please Register or Log in to view images

. or at least I hope so

5. touchfan092

touchfan092 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    mine is working fine so far.
  6. itouchmaster12345

itouchmaster12345 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i just got bought the 2.0, and i was playing around with it for a while. suddenly everything froze, exept for the home and sleep buttons. i had no clue what to do, so i decided to hold down both the home and sleep buttons until it turned off. it took like 3 or 4 minutes to come back on, but everything is working fine now. hope that doesnt happen again.
  7. velato

velato New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hmmm...maybe its becoz of the amount of files i hav inside my ipod. But then again, it still not as laggy as in 1.1.4.....maybe its realli not the final version. Maybe they;re goin to release an update for bug fixes again...

8. Harshboy

Harshboy Member

It has been working fine for me ever since last night and is still working fine. No crashes and no lag.

AIM rocks on iPod Touch!
  9. dieselboy27

dieselboy27 New Member

It's really sad that they took so long to get 2.0 out and it's still buggy. I'm glad I haven't updated yet, and I doubt I will till all these problems are resolved. Also, I'm not keen on throwing out $ for apps that I have free right now.
  10. Ryu Hitokiri

Ryu Hitokiri New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I have it and it's fine. No crashes or glitches. Speed is the same, so is battery.