2.0 to 1.1.4 Quick Question?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by vbman213, Jul 14, 2008.

1. vbman213

vbman213 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I downgraded to 1.1.4 after about 3 hours with 2.0 firmware...

Now I am considering buying the update and also a few games... so heres my question...

When you DFU Restore an iPod Touch to ANY firmware, are there any traces of the previous firmware left behind? Like if I went from 2.0 to 1.1.4, are there any traces of 2.0 still on my 1.1.4 iPoT?
  2. hockeynut0103

hockeynut0103 New Member

What do you mean by traces?
  3. vbman213

vbman213 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Like just anything left behind on the iPod Touch from the 2.0 firmware...

Also...

I think iTunes already thinks I purchased the 2.0 software, because when I plug in my iPod touch it asks me if I want to Download or Download and Install the 2.0 software? Is that normal?

Edit:

I plugged in my iPod touch to my Windows system and checked for updates and it didn't find any... But when I go to my Mac (which is the system I used to load the leaked 2.0) it says there is an update?

What should I do?
  4. r1dePrkCty

r1dePrkCty New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had to restart my PC, or try going to apple.com and click download 2.0 under the ipod and itunes section. As for the traces, i took a few screen shots and they were still on the ipod after the restore, But that was from 1.1.4 to 2.0 so im not sure about the other way around. The screen shots were actually still on there after multiple restores.