2.0: The Outcome of Jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by andrew!, Jul 16, 2008.

1. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Now, just to make this clear, i know there are threads already like this. im looking into buying the ipod touch and have been since the 1.1.1 jailbreaking days. but now that the app store and having to buy the apps, is purchasing the ipod touch really worth it? i mean, like now that all the developers are most likely make people pay for their big apps and take it of repo's, is it still worth buying?
    im not going to lie but i dont buy ALL of my music, im not saying im a music pirate but i dont buy all my music so i dont normally get itunes cards or buy from apple, so, i still dont know if it is worth buying the touch if you have to pay for i think it was 90% of the apps... someone want to help out? im not looking for flame wars about pirating a couple of songs i just want to know if you think it is still worth buying...

another thing im interested in is, how is the jailbreaking community going now that the app store is released? like how many devs have taken their apps off repo's and put them in the app store? i know this has gone in many thread before me but i just really want to know what will happen. and i also would like to comment on the paying thing. it seems like steve knew all along that paying for apps in the app store would deminish the jailbreaking comunity. just look at it from his point, "what can i do to stop the hacking?" well people love making money and seeing as there are already so many people making apps for the touch then why not make a store where you can buy those apps. its almost funny to see how money drives people to do things people sometimes may not particularly enjoy. like iPhysics, SSOO many people like that game and if they saw it on the app store for $10.00 theyd be dissapointed. even though they have no say in what goes into the store people will still be upset. im not trying to make the devs not put their stuff on the app store, we all know that each and every one of us wouldnt pass up an oppurtunity for money hahaha...

wow that was longer than i expected... anyway, im just curious to see if devs will put all their stuff on the app store even for a fee. cause if you want to make money but dont want to pay for apps, make your own to sell...

and i know this can be argued two ways as anything can but i dont want to start a flame war, a debate is fine, no flame wars please!!
  2. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

I like free apps! That is all i will say!
  3. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    haha i would too!! but i just dont want to get the touch and realize nothing is repo'd anymore... then ill have to go and buy a bunch of itunes cards just to get a couple of apps i could have gotten three months ago for free.
  4. Schei3e

Schei3e New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I say wait for a jailbreak, it will come, and then you can experience the best of both worlds. Also i dont buy hardly and of my music... and i have over 6,000 songs... I mean... i pay for all my music *cough*...
  5. Anonymouslyanonymous

Anonymouslyanonymous Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Jailbreaking is still alive! In fact we'll see many apps ported to 2.0 once the jailbreak is released! XD
  6. potroast32

potroast32 Banned

Well if you can stay satisfied with free installer apps than it is ok.....iPods do include a fair amount of extra charge like chargers,cases,music,games ect.
  7. themerceny

themerceny New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    yes, the app store is offering apps for free and for a fee and while making some cash seems great, not all apps will make it to the app store. Apple is strict when it comes to which apps get approved to be released in its stores. My thoughts are while the app store is great and allows for different apps on your device, the ones that won't make it there i would love to still be able to get by jailbreaking.

I am now in the mode of doing some more homework on the new iphone 3G before getting my hands on that baby. While i will buy some apps i feel like supporting, i will also like to be able to jailbreak my iphone to get apps like summerboard and customize and other games not allowed by apple.

So its really up to you. And what you feel and want in your device.

just my 2 cents
  8. tdk333

tdk333 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    would someone be able to buy supermonkeyball and make it download-able for free in the installer?
  9. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i dont know why but it seems like if someone were given the oppurtunity to make money for their stuff as opposed to doing it for free, i think most people would take the cash... ill still get the touch i just want ot get apps... would it be possible to SSH (after 2.0 jailbreak) the apps bought from the app store to you computer? like buy the apps and SSH them off. because if that happened then people could ******* them and... im gunna shut up. people will start to hate me....

themercenery- that is true too, never thought of that. i wouldnt expect to see iSteamy on the app store haha
  10. HotBrownies

HotBrownies New Member

there are indeed a couple of Devs who took some apps they made and ported it to 2.0 for the appstore and are now charging for it, but they are still on the repo and are still downloadable. and if anything. get the apps you want NOW. save them on your computer and if they do get taken off, you can just SSH it back on to your ipod.

i made some backups of my ipod just for that reason...