2.0 soft upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Renegade, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    So I was thinking...Awhile back I remember the soft upgrade the DEV Team came out with for 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 or it was 1.1.3 o 1.1.4... I'm not sure, but anyways would it be possible to have a soft upgrade from 1.1.4 to 2.0 meaning its not really 2.0 but it still has the features and Applications like the Appstore and calculator, maps, calendar, etc?

Then we could have Installer and The Appstore. I know it would take ONE HELL OF A LONG TIME, and maybe alot of donations if possible. But I would just wanna know if it is.

Also I'm sorry if this would be the wrong place for the thread, I wasn't sure were it should have gone.
  2. drkassassin

drkassassin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    it would be highly unlikely...all the system files are COMPLETELY different
    1.1.2 to 1.1.3 wasnt that much of a jump so it was possible and even slightly stable
  3. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You don't understand what goes on during a soft upgrade, so please, save your time and don't bother.

I'll say it until everyone can get it through their incredibly dense minds; 2.0 will be jailbroken and there is no doubt about it.
    Why would we need a soft upgrade?
    Please, wait until it is released, you'll see.
    If I can decrypt betas with the new Img3 container, the Dev Team certainly can.

P.S. Jailbroken does not mean that you have Installer, it never has and never will.
    However, there will be a version for 2.0.
  4. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    JB means getting access (and control) to file system, if you put SSH server or Installer or any other software that controls filesystem it means you jailbroken your device ;> iPhone OS can run 3rd apps without so called JB (before 2.0 Beta 4, now it need digital sigh of app), but simply it too izolated to outside world to install it, this is why you need JB for ;]
  5. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No, that is not what jailbreaking is.
    It is escaping the chroot jail that exists where /private/var/ is seen as /.
    It has nothing to do with Installer or SSH.
  6. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hmmm... Good to know ;p

First pro post that i seen here ^^