2.0 Nominal Fee??

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by broodwar, Mar 20, 2008.

1. broodwar

broodwar New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I just stumbled on a page that said this--->

Firmware 2.0 will be free for iPhone users to upgrade but will cost a “nominal” fee for iPod touch users “due to accounting being different”. We would suspect 2.0 to come with the additional iPhone apps that were released in January for $20 to iPod touch users, so if your planning on buying those we suggest you hang on until June.

was curios if this true. would touch users be unfairly charged ? possibly again.

sight i got this from = http://ipodtouchnews.co.uk/category/applications/

Didn't realize this topic has already been discussed. Moderator please delete. thank you
  2. stvy

stvy New Member

I think Apple sees a big wall between iPod touch and iPhone when you're talking about features, updates and everything. Why is that? Well, as we can see, the mobile market's much more profitable than the MP3/MP4 that Apple already has certain fame in its market.
    Until Apple rules the mobile phone market iPhone'll be treated like Royalty when iPod touch'll keep being rats.
  3. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I agree. Believe or not, the iPod touch poses some sort of a threat to iPhone sales. Apple can't make the iPod look better than the iPhone.