2.0 jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by jamieandhisipod, Sep 12, 2008.

1. jamieandhisipod

jamieandhisipod New Member

Sep 9, 2008

My ipod touch is running 2.0 but not 2.0.1 or 2.0.2 or anything.

I restored it to 2.0 using: iPod1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw

and now im trying to jailbreak it using the following tutorial;

Pwnage Tool creates the ISPW on my desktop from the original iPod1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw.

I then try to restore the iPod using the new ISPW in iTunes by holding alt and pressing restore-selecting the new file. I then get the 1600 Error from iTunes and it doesnt restore (or at least i dont think it has, judging by the fact it isn't yet jailbroken) As the tutorial says at the bottom...
    'P.S. If you get Error 1600 from iTunes (or if you see in your log a failure to prepare x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw), try: mkdir “~/Library/iTunes/Device Support” ;
    if that directory already exists, remove any files in it. Then re-run PwnageTool.'

But that didnt work for me?! :S

any help appreciated thanks.
  2. sgoutam

sgoutam New Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Don't know if this helps but I was getting major issues with it, I was running 1.1.3 and upgraded to 2.0.1

These are the steps I took:

1) Downloaded the iPod1,1_2.0.1_5108_Restore.ipsw
    2) Restored the iPod to 2.0.1 in iTunes by putting the iPod into DFU, shift and click restore then choose the original Restore file

Once this is done get out of the DFU mode and then continue through these steps, make sure the ipod is connected

3) Download winpwn2.5
    4) Open winpwn, click quickpwn at the top so it changes to Custom
    5) Choose my iPod (iPod Touch), Next
    6) Choose the firmware version, mine being 2.0.1, Next
    7) Say yes for the youtube activation
    8) Yes for custom logo
    9) Next
    10) It then find the ipsw file, creates the custom one and just follow the rest, don't need to do anything in iTunes then

Mine kept giving me 1600 errors as well when i used quickpwn

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Aug 17, 2008
    i recommend 2.0.2 and using winpwn 2.5 its very easy make sure your custom firmware partition is more thatn 700mb