2.0 jailbreak installer question

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by tdk333, Jul 16, 2008.

1. tdk333

tdk333 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hey im just wondering, once the jailbreak is out for 2.0 will it have installer? if so will there be many apps in the installer straight away?
  2. dabomb1022

dabomb1022 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    lol without installer it wouldnt be a jailbreak
  3. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Not true, A jailbreak gives you access to your iPod's filesystem and previosuly was the only was to add third party apps. Installer is just a portal to access more applications. If you uninstall Installer, your iPod is still jailbroken.
  4. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yes. Installer 4 will be there and it completly rebuilt. Faster and more stable. As far as apps there probably will not be much out the gate. But there will be in time. Apps are being portted.
  5. tdk333

tdk333 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok thanks, good answer

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Schei3e

Schei3e New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Dude i am excited. It kinda sucks that all the apps have to be rewritten. Is it possible to just somehow re-write or in a way "extend" the frameworks of 2.0 to make older apps work. Sorry if this is a noob question, haha i dont have too much experience with frameworks and stuff. I just think it would be more logical to change one thing to make hundreds of other things work, then to change hundreds of other things to work on that one thing...
  7. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Rewriting 2.0 to fit in with older applications would be a step backward for everything. I doubt it's even possible.
  8. Schei3e

Schei3e New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I mean there has to be a way, its kinda like changing your firmware tag so some apps run... well actually not at all. but there has to be a way to take the frameworks and add something that makes apps acceptable to the framework, i have no idea how. This is way over my head, but it must be possible in some way or another...