2.0 iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Vee, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Vee

Vee New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've currently got a 1.1.2 Jailbroken iPod Touch. I've been wanting to upgrade to a higher firmware for some time now but have been waiting till a big one comes like 2.0

Anyway, is it alright if i just upgrade straight to 2.0 from a jailbroken 1.1.2? I'm worried their might be some complications. Also, has a method been found to get the update without paying? (i'm not asking for it, just asking if its been found).

I'm only really looking to get a few applications that i've been waiting for for ages, eg. Myspace. So is it really worth it? 1.1.2 isnt too great for me, youtube barely works and it crashes quite alot.

Thanks for any responses.

Vee.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Clicking "Restore" on iTunes is what I did and it cleared my iPod and then installed 2.0 on it coz it's the latest version.

Do that.
    (1.1.2 FTW)

3. 090101993

090101993 New Member

upgrading to 1.1.4 and jailbreaking is the best thing you can do =)
  4. soad112589

soad112589 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Its best if you do a restore so nothing will interfere with the new firmware. I'm not even sure if it will let you do a upgrade cause I didn't even try. If you're worried about losing your music and its not on your computer, you can ssh into your ipod and copy your music to your computer, but it will take a long time because its over wifi.
    I am currently using the new firmware and it works pretty well. I've had a few crashes while using downloaded apps but I figure since they were just released, it would be normal. The only thing I do not like is that the apps can not run out of their own folder which means that if you used a program like tap tap revenge, you will not be able to use it with your own music because its out side of the app's folder. The jailbreak should be released kind of soon, but if you can wait for the jailbreak, then go for it. I haven't had any problems other than the few crashes of downloaded apps.
  5. Vee

Vee New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks for the replies guys. I'll wait to see what happens with this 2.0 JB.

Thanks again

6. brisingr

brisingr New Member

sorry. i was confused and i posted in the wrong thread. Glad you're happy.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    and yes, it's worth it.