2.0 Impressions

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by pakkman781, Apr 5, 2008.

1. pakkman781

pakkman781 New Member

Just a few thoughts about 2.0, since after my iPod decided to weird out on me today, I decided it was a good excuse to try 2.0

Please Register or Log in to view images

1. Everybody says it's slow, but I've found that for the most part, it isn't much slower than 1.1.4, with the exception of temporary freezes when the system is bogged down.
    2. You can now add events to any calendar! I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere else...
    3. My only crash so far was after restoring from my 1.1.4 backup using iTunes.
    4. I haven't gotten DRMed music to work yet, but I haven't delved too deeply into it.

I'll post more if I find anything interesting, but you'll probably already have read about it anyways

2. Redshift

Redshift New Member

You were able to add events in 1.1.2/3/4.
  3. plokiju

plokiju New Member

What do you mean "add events to any calendar"?
  4. pakkman781

pakkman781 New Member

Yes, it is true that you were able to add events in 1.1.2 and above, but you had to choose a calendar to do it with. Say, like me you have multiple calendars in iCal, such as Home, Work, and Mobile. I always told iTunes that events added from the iPod should go into Mobile, since you couldn't add to mutlple calendars. But now, in 2.0, I can choose which calendar to add an event to on the iPod, from the add event screen.
  5. veryniceipod

veryniceipod Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Nice find, I didn't realize that at all; though I don't use the calendar app that much, so that new feature won't be of much use to me.
  6. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Also, when you watch a video and you flip the iPod Upside down, the video flips too!

7. pakkman781

pakkman781 New Member

lol, it does! It animates quite smoothly too while the video plays. That's one I hadn't seen mentioned elsewhere either.
  8. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Also, a glitch is that for most videos, when you try to change the volume while playing, the video starts to hiccup.